When we were brainstorming a DIY topic for today, we stumbled across some awesome crafty things you can do with your leftover wine corks. These ideas are easy, fun, and useful, while adding character to your home or event!
5 Corky Crafts!
1. Cork Coasters. When paired with a bottle of great wine, these make the perfect gift! Simply assemble the corks into a pattern, and glue (a hot glue gun works best). Wrap in pretty ribbon, and viola! What a great statement for your next event!
Image Source: Happy Hour Projects, Online.
2. Corky Letter Wall Art. Using quick dry tacky glue, place your cork onto a cut-out of your desired letter. Once it dries, place in an antique frame (spray-painted white), and assemble on your wall. Shabby chic decor perfect for a bride and groom!
Image Source: OC Cottage, Online.
3. Cork Key Chain. All you need are looped-screws and key chain rings, some charms, and you’ve got yourself some adorable bridal gifts!
Image Source: Etsy Online
4. Cork Place Holders. This little DIY is as easy as it gets, and will have your guests amused at your creativity. Simply cut the cork on one end (lengthwise) to give it a flat bottom, and score the other side for the name card. Using high-quality craft paper will give it a nice touch!
Image Source: Saved By Love Creations, Online.
5. Wine Cork Place Mat. This craft takes a lot of corks, but will really give your tablescape great character! Because cork naturally repels liquid, it dries easy while absorbing any extra spills. Simply cut and glue your corks together with tacky glue, let dry, and enjoy!
Image Source: Creme de la Craft Online